Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Feijoas and jaffas

My mother truly knows the way to my heart... or is that my stomach?

She went home for a month and upon her arrival back here, presented me with 6 feijoas and a box of jaffas. I was a very happy little chicken! I am eating the feijoas one by one and thoroughly enjoying each one.

"The Feijoa (Feijoa sellowiana, synonym Acca sellowiana), also known as Pineapple Guava or Guavasteen, is an ever green shrub or small tree, 1-7 m in height, originating from the highlands of southern Brazil, parts of Columbia, Uruguay and northern Argentina..."
"...The fruits have a juicy sweet seed pulp, and slightly gritty flesh nearer the skin. The flavour is aromatic and sweet..." (Wikipedia)


Jaffas are an orange candy coated sweet with chocolate in the middle. Also rather delicious and unfortunately I was less able to ration these and they are now all gone!

Next time I head for home I really need to plan it for the feijoa season.

No comments: