Friday, July 04, 2008

Coffee and cake

It's been an incredibley tough couple of days. (More on Maternity Nurse Diary... soon...)

Today I had a chance to escape the house and get out for a walk with two of the three and as it was raining and thundering and flashing massive lightenings, I went into a cafe and ordered a coffee and small chocolate slice. Quite delicious too.

I left the cafe and bumped into Daddy with baby No3 so we walked back toward home together. He suggested a coffee so I obliged (as you do) and ordered another coffee. He then suggested I try a macaroon so I obliged again (having never tried a genuine French macaroon). I choose the chocolate one of course

An hour or so later I was feeling very light headed and couldn't stop talking. I have learned my lesson - until next time - that one very tired person mixed with 2 strong black coffees and 2 chocolate delicacies make for a very enthusiatic couple of hours.

Not feeling quite so enthusiastic now though...

No comments: