Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stats

I took a 24hr break and arrived back at noon today.

While driving I saw
11 dead opossums
5 dead raccoons
5 dead small unidentified creatures
2 dead medium unidentified creatures
1 dead large bird

...and rather unpleasantly 5 very large splats of blood and fur that I take to be the remains of deer meets truck.

I did also see a few living creatures - not good statistics proportionally though.

2 deer munching in a field
1 completely bonkers red squirrel - skimming along a railing on a bridge with it's body low as possible looking somewhat like a SAS recruit.
1 hawk like bird
3 trillion small black birds swooping and darting around in an enormous 'cloud'

And I think that was it.
I saw the Illinois river - a tributary of the Mississippi and I saw the Mississippi!! I was very excited about that.

And this morning on my way back, I put petrol in the car at a the incredible rate of $1.66 a gallon!!! A definite change from the $3.40'ish that we put in the car in Florida just a few weeks ago!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol - i nearly cried i laughed so hard when i read this... so, where is the photographic evidence of the 'large mounnds of fur and blood' most likely from deer vs truck....