Sunday, May 24, 2009

Watermelon and desert

We're back in Marrakech, both been sick and I am still recovering. Yesterday felt like I had been run over by a steam engine. Today only a few scooters have run me over so must be improving!

The desert was great, loved the camels, and the sunrise and sunset were pretty - although a bit underwhelming. The clouds came over as we got closer to Merzouga - where we left from to ride into the sunset. I took a temperature reading from Merzouga and because of the wind I couldn't get an accurate one, but was between 40.8 and 43.4 celcius. Quite warm really....

The food at the camp was the best yet, but I was unable to eat more then a couple of pieces of carrot.

Mr Camel was very good to me and we enjoyed each others company very much.

Before we got to the desert we drove through a few sand storms and were very thankful that we were in the car with windows up!

I will hopefully be able to upload some photos soon as we are staying a few days in one of mum's former clients house in Essaouira. We are hoping to take a break from the manic activity and hide indoors with a very big watermelon and some oranges for juice.

No comments: