Monday, May 20, 2013

Sri Lanka! CROCODILES!!!

I made it to Sri Lanka after a 3am start from the Croc Bank with Colin and Gowri.  We were clearly over tired and a bit excited as the giggles and tears of laughter didn't stop for several hours.  Just ask Colin about the emergency exit sign…

We landed in Colombo - what a huge difference to Chennai!  I couldn't believe we were so close, yet Colombo is green and lush, lots of palms and other tropical greenery.  Beautiful!

On the way from the airport, we stopped at McDonalds (a rare occasion for me and usually with lots of trepidation as they don't treat us veggies with much respect there).  I had seen a McD's menu in Chennai and it had several burgers that could be ordered as veg option, but when I arrived in this one, there was only one option.  My heart sank as I hoped it would be as veg friendly as India.

I ordered 'the' veg burger and off we set while chomping our food.  I was surprised beyond belief.  This burger looked better then picture on the menu and tasted amazing!  The patty was crispy and tasty, the bun had substance  - impressed to the extreme!  I've been dreaming of McD's ever since!  But don't worry it won't last long.

The World Crocodile Conference starts today with a steering committee meeting.  But more importantly, we just had lunch.  Lunch was divine, I had a plate of salads that made me feel a little bit healthy again.  My favourite was the pineapple with chilli.  YUM!

Off to the afternoon session now.



No comments: