Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's still cold

I took the boys out for a walk today. It was -9C when we left - with the windchill it was more like -18C. They were dressed in their snow suits in the pram with cashmere hats and blankets, snuggled under the apron with the rain cover on to stop the wind.

I carried the thermometer in the pram so I could come home if it reached 0 degreees C inside the pram. I also have a thermometer on the outside which reached 0 very quickly and then malfunctioned when it should have gone lower.

They went down to 9C inside the pram and we had a lovely walk looking for socks for the boys. I found one pair at gap and then went to Maddison Ave to another shop I'd been recommended. They did have the type of sock I wanted but were charging US$18.00 per pair, so funnily enough I decided they could stay in the shop for some other fool... I'm off to go internet shopping instead.

My chin had an ice cream headache this time but in my nice long coat (thanks Mum) and knee boots I was very toastie everywhere else!

1 comment:

Flying Kiwi said...

Come on, i am waiting for another update on the weather!!!