Monday, February 11, 2008

It's cold now!

Today it finally turned 'New York' cold and I just happened to only have my light coat... I must have caused the cold snap because of that!

I came out of the subway this evening and the wind was one of the more lazy ones I've met - it went right through me and everything else in it's path instead of going around. There were flurries of snow and a cold cold wind... oh I already mentioned that. I had an icecream headache in my face and hands. Brr

Tomorrow is supposed to get even colder... Yay!! I've been dying to try out mum's new long, down coat that she kindly left here for me! I wore it a couple of times earlier and got way too hot in it so put it back in the cupboard. It will certainly be out again tomorrow.

Just checked the temp outside and it is -9C but feels like -18C due to wind chill factor etc. Eat your heart out Lucy you're only -7C at the moment!

1 comment:

Flying Kiwi said...

Just remember big sister, central heating, electricity that stays on and water that doesn't freeze (sewage too) are all normal for you and novelties around here... things have warmed up because it is snowing... not cos its warmed up!! I bought a rabbit coat the other day, it is also very warm and we have named it 'the cat' cos it feels soft like cat fur...