Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So a bit of a background then...

I have been wanting to see a moose in it's own environment for a very long time.

When we went to Sun Valley earlier this year, my clients saw a moose while out driving one day and this was a run down of the conversation...

ME: I've heard that people see the odd moose around here
CLIENT: Yeah, we saw one yesterday (showing absolutely no emotion of any sort)
ME: YOU SAW A MOOSE??!!!
CLIENT: Yeah
ME: Where??!!
CLIENT: While we were out driving, it was by the road
ME: You saw a moose??!!
CLIENT: When are the boys due for a feed?
ME: You really saw a moose??!!
CLIENT: Is there any spare toilet paper downstairs?
ME: What road? You saw a moose??!!
CLIENT: Excuse me while I watch this paint dry....

Well, OK so the last bit didn't really happen although it may well have given the chance.

I even suffered the Toronto Zoo last year so I could see a moose in captivity. Unfortunately it was hiding that day. I have several photos of moose that I found stuffed and mounted on various walls around Ontario.

But today I saw a fair dinkum real moose eating grass on the side of the road, but of course have no photo of this one as I was driving.

I'm not sure anything else of any importance happened today. (Did I mention I saw a moose?)

I drove from Toronto to North Bay - which just happens to be the home of the Dionne Quints! What a fluke! But it appears the museum is closed at this time of the year.

But it doesn't matter any more because I saw a moose.

No comments: