Thursday, May 01, 2008

And then it went bad...

So my morning was great. I got back to the motel to have a shower and check out.

I handed over my credit card and it was declined. So it was tried again. Declined. Hmph! So I paid in cash and seethed and scorned at the bank for stopping the second card in as many days!

When I phoned the bank I discovered they had cause to stop my card as it was being used in New York yesterday while I was driving in Ontario.

I am now traveling Ontario with a few dollars in my pocket and an old credit card from NZ that I hope will not be stopped. At least tonight is paid for and I have a full tank of gas. And a nice mummy who would love to give me money (watch me as I flutter my eyelashes and look very sweet).

I saw some beautiful things I really wanted to stop and photograph but the roads are so difficult to stop on so I've missed a few interesting things. A beautiful white wooden church with a red roof and steeple reflected in a lake - on a dual carriageway that I couldn't have stopped on at all. A bird - size of large owl but maybe a hawk of some sort - on a fence post. Nice light on lakes and swamps etc.

C'est la vie, at least there will be less photos to sort when I get home.

No comments: