Thursday, December 30, 2010

Weather...

Why am I sitting on a tropical island in the Caribbean writing about weather??? I didn't think I could find enough to talk about...

For example
"today was sunny, yesterday was sunny, I hear the forecast for tomorrow is for sun, I think I'll go to the beach..."

But because it is so bad, I can't think of anything else!

The first week here, was cold, grey and windy. Nothing I couldn't have had in London... I really did not need to travel this far to experience this sort of weather.

The second week improved slightly and we had a few days of bliss - until yesterday that was. Last night I was woken by howling wind and torrential rain at 01.53. Anyone who knows me, knows that I sleep like the dead. It was very noisy and I woke several times.

Today has been a mix of monsoon-like rains, hurricane style winds and extremely confused visibility across the bay.

I will post some photos when I am on my computer as there is an island in view of my room that I watched and photographed a few times throughout the day as the scene changed with mist, wind, rain etc.








No comments: