Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Butterfly Creek, Auckland

I had yet more need for cheering up so I emailed Butterfly Creek in south Auckland and asked if I could meet them and discuss crocodiles et al.

They were originally a butterfly house but expanded in about 2009 to include crocodiles - as you do!  I asked why crocs and they were after something different that hadn't been done before in NZ.  They certainly have something different!

Goldie and Scar are the 2 big boys, Goldie about 4.9 metres and Scar about 5 metres.  They also have 3 American Alligators and some baby salties.  They have a few other creatures but I confess, I didn't really notice them…

I got to ask lots of questions and learnt a lot about behind the scenes of a zoo.  
Really enjoyed myself!  Thanks very much to Amy and Paul.
Amy playing with Scar
Paul and one of the small salties
Besties having cuddles, so cute :)
American Alligator
Goldie
Scar, playtime
Hungry…  and focussed
Jumping
All those teeth!
Ready to jump
Newly hatched butterly

No comments: