Saturday, May 05, 2007

I love my pillow!

I do, I honestly do!! I have the most divine pillow on the face the of the planet!

I arrived home from Thailand last December to a large package awaiting my attention. Mum had been Christmas shopping and being the clued up woman that she is, she bought me the pillow of my dreams! Or maybe it was just that I went on and on about this pillow so often, she thought it best to shut me up.

Last year I worked with a client who had just bought a new summer house and had to furnish it so they went shopping one day and bought beds and linen to fill 8 bedrooms (EIGHT!!??). When we went down to stay at the house a few weeks later and my bed was graced with 'the' pillow. They bought 18 (!!!!!) of these pillows! I remember the mother-in-law saying "that's the total price isn't it, not each?" when she read the invoice.

This pillow is not any ordinary creature, it is 100% Siberian goose down in a silk/cotton covering. The first time I slept on one - I had 2 on my bed! - I knew I was going to save up for my own one. (Mortgage the house if needed.) I had the best sleep I'd had in a long time. I felt like my head was resting on air - no comments please, that's air outside my head I'm talking about!

So when I got back from Thailand in the midst of the coldest snap of the winter to discover my new pillow, life took on a new dimension (ie. from the comfort of my bed).

Every night now I can't wait to climb in and hug my pillow. I'm like a dog with a bone - don't come too close... I will protect that pillow with my life if necessary!!

This is what my life has become since arriving back in London without even a plan as to my next trip away!

No comments: