Thursday, May 03, 2007

I'll give it a go!

Here goes my first webblog. I've been meaning to do this for ages and I guess now I have a computer I have no excuses at all.

It's great being back in London. Been back about 45hours - but who is counting!! I'm on the emergency list for work so cross fingers for me. I don't think my credit card will live another 11-12 days until my next job officially starts.

Just an hour or so ago, I was lying on my bed playing a game on the computer when I heard the fire sirens start up. I live on a street that is opposite the fire station - I would say I am 100metres away. The sirens went for all of 10 seconds before coming to a stop right outside my window. I was a bit worried as I was still in my favourite nightie and it was almost 2pm. Anyway after lots of firemen running around most eventually walked back to the station and the fire engines (2 of them) were employed at the ends of the street to stop traffic.

I'm guessing it was a gas issue as there were a couple of British gas vans there also. Someone donned a gas mask and went into the house across the road. Thankfully I am still in my nightie in the privacy of my wee room!!

Spring has sprung here, it's so lovely coming back to London in this sort of weather compared to the horrendous winter weather I was faced with after being in Thailand.

No comments: