Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm on a Roll...ing Stone!!

There must be something in the water here... It took me a few too many hours to finally get out of bed this (morning?). And I was sitting almost exactly where I sit now winding my way around the online world seeking a new house for us to live in. One with a bathroom and enough space to swing a cat - but that's a whole different story...


I had had enough of all that and went off track a bit. To Gumtree again, if I must be honest, and put in that clever little word again, 'tonight'. And guess who came up for grabs today! Mr Jagger and friends are in London as part of their European tour. There were several tickets available to this show, but at a much steeper price then Prince. Over 3x the cost of a Prince ticket! But then I thought to myself, it's not every day you get to see a group like the Stones, so made some calls and a couple of hours later I met with M who had broken his ankle and couldn't see himself climbing the stairs to his seat. Shame...

How sad for him and what a score for me. The warm up band were a bit more of a blow-your-eardrums-out-before-the-real-thing-then-it-won't-matter-if-the-Rolling-Stones-are-rubbish band. They were very very loud and not very musical in all that noise. There was one song they did that was lovely - I recognised it then, but now? heck knows what it was...

Then the RS came on singing a well known tune which title eludes me right now. Then they did a whole lot of stuff I didn't know. I got bored so went out to the loo and bought a couple of Smirnoff Ices. And when I got back the stage had moved! And the tempo had risen and the crowd was up on it's feet having a whale of a time! Now this is what I came for!

The stage was in the middle of the floor instead of up the far end. Prince's stage was central for the whole show and I think I preferred that. After a few more songs, the stage then moved back into original position... very clever. And the music really picked up too. Everyone was dancing and singing along to all the old favourites. I even stayed the encores this time - I don't usually as leaving a building with 23000 others takes time and patience. And of course taking public transport with the same 23000 people is a total nightmare!

So watch this space... who is next?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

I read somewhere the aussie band JET were suppport for the stones sometime last week - I hope it wasnt them who gave the blow-your-eardrums-out-before-the-real-thing-then-it-won't-matter-if-the-Rolling-Stones-are-rubbish band performance. I have only seen them (Jet) once and it was dissapointing – but hopefully they aren’t playing like that to a stones audience… Jet have more talent than that.
Sounds like you are having fun with you gig adventures! I am jealous!
Trina

Jenn said...

Well, yes, it was Jet now you mention it... Oops... But I did commend then on one awesome song... I came in part way through so maybe I missed some good stuff too!
J