Thursday, August 23, 2007

Where was I?

How slack am I???

So much has been going on it's impossible to get a clear enough head to sit here and write. Pity 'cos there's so much to write about when that happens!

Lucy was over last week. She arrived the day after I finished my 3 month job so I was a wreck to say the least. I hadn't slept very well the night before - my usual post-job energy burst when I sit and think of all the things I must do now that I have X days free. But of course I spend X days recovering from sleeplessness etc, and then find myself with one day to do everything that would normally take several days...

C'est la vie. Lucy arrived and we both inserted match sticks to enable our eyes to stay open. I had booked us a table at the Ivy restaurant but our table was for 9.30pm. Not a good time for either - me having just not slept enough and Lucy being on a 5 hours ahead time slot.

Dinner was divine but unfortunatly no stars to be spotted this time. Just lots of Americans being very loud and a couple sitting quietly near us who we named Ms Sparkley and Mr Animal Print. Both looking a little oogley at each other and having quiet conversation while their outfits screamed LOOK AT ME!!! Very cute.

I ate lobster - sorry lobster. But it was very delicious and I'd eat him again given the chance. At the end we couldn't manage a desert each so we shared a Sticky Date Pudding. And even though I was known as the Sticky Date Pudding Queen in Mapua, I have to admit this walked all over even my best attempt. Truly divine and perfect in texture, taste and presentation. I'll be going back if just for another Sticky Date Pudding.

We got home and Lucy was asleep before her head hit the pillow - mum's new 'bought-to-match-my-sleeping-on-air-pillow'. And I sat up until 4 am thinking I ought to be going to bed, but not having the urge to sleep. Then finally I hit my lovely pillow with a heavy head only to be up again in 4 hours.

Lucy left at 5am'ish the following morning so I went back to bed and slept until 2pm. When I woke I wanted to do something a little excting and perhaps a little different...

No comments: