Friday, December 07, 2007

Basil's

Basil's is one of the 3 bars on the island but is the more established of them all. They have the occasional 'Jump Up' a rather lively evening with a band and lots of expensive cocktails on offer.

I arrived late and had one glass of champagne, one passionfruit and vodka cocktail and 3 Baileys and chocolate cocktails. I chatted with an American woman who's husband is an upholsterer. They were contacted a week ago to do some work for someone and found themselves flown out here for a week. She was so shocked that not only would they fly her and her husband here, put them up in the house with meals provided by the chef, fully kept, but they were going to pay him as well!! Hilarious!

I then met a Kiwi bloke who manages a few properties here and he promised to show me some of them - I'm not holding my breath. The Kiwi population seems to be one of the highest not counting local, British or US. Not that I am sure they are of the good ambassadorial types...

Off to the beach now for the daily dipping of sore ankles (not much skin left for the little blighters to eat now).

No comments: