Thursday, December 06, 2007

OK, so maybe it's not so bad...

Boy, not sure what I was on earlier! But I'm not on it now!

After writing my last blog I went for a 'drive'. I say 'drive' instead of drive simply because it is hard to go for a drive on an island that is 3 miles long and 1.4 miles wide. It is however possible to go for a 'drive'.

I went to the north end of the island and looked for the Herons. None there so went to a little beach instead. Spent 4-5 minutes there - long enough to dip my well eaten ankles in the sea and take a photo of a palm tree. Retraced my earlier drive in the hope I would see a Heron... none there. Until I was about to go 'round the bend (haha) and I saw, from the corner of my eye, one fly in so up the road to do a U turn and then back to take another dozen or more photos.

I'm guessing the occupants of the villa right where the Heron was may have wondered why I went past their place 3 times - innocent I promise!

Off to the airport - approximately 45 second drive - and a little plane was about to take off so stopped to have a look and snap another photo. Into 'town' (3 shops) to get a can of coke ($EC4 - Eastern Caribbean dollar) and a chat with the shop keeper.

As I was heading back to the car a man stopped me and asked if I had made it to the Lagoon the other day... Took me a moment to recognise him and the one who gave me directions - turn left up the road between the 2 trucks, turn right, follow the road to the incinerator, but keep going - not nice there, first break in the bush on the right and follow road all the way to the end. I did make it and it was well worth the bother. We had a little chat and as like so many here he is from St Vincent and works here.

The lagoon is a fresh water oversized pond that housed an amazing amount of wildlife - approx 1GB worth of photos I'm guessing. There is a walk with a trail of information which was very informative.

Oh how nice it is to be happier!!

No comments: