Thursday, March 26, 2009

John Lennon et al

Even John gets a mention here.

I have been to see the John Lennon wall which is directly opposite the French Embassy. Funny really as, being a New Zealander, I don't see the French as a 'peaceful' people...

It is a very colourful wall on which people can express themselves in a very colourful way should they wish. I didn't wish, but I did enjoy looking.

I walked over a bridge of no great importance this morning after finding my way to the 'Dancing Building' nearby. It's a very wonky and interesting piece of architecture. There were lots of photos to be taken from the bridge.

Once I realised I was off the planned track for the day, I decided to head for the John Lennon wall instead via the other side of the river from where I am staying.

I found my way to the Charles Bridge before the JL wall - which wasn't supposed to happen. So I retraced my steps and eventually came across it.

I now am having lunch at a nice little cafe next to the wall. Replenishing the energy supply before heading out again on the next adventure.

No comments: