Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sleet, snow, hail and strong wind

That was the weather forecast and it has prooved to be smack on! Damn!!

I waited indoors this morning for a very heavy hail/sleet storm to pass by then ventured out. It was sunny, cloudy and windy for the first few hours of wandering then came a very heavy snow storm - no photos of this as I found a very nice cafe with good cake and coffee and felt no need to thrust me and my camera into a blizzard...

Then fine again until I was on my way home and started with very heavy hail then very heavy snow.Today I just wandered. No plans or intentions so, of course, I never got lost. I figure I couldn't be lost if I had no place I had to be - if I was supposed to be somewhere and couldn't find it then I would say I was lost... But I wasn't! So there!

The architecture is stunning - the new town dates back to 14th century and the old town, well... it's older. Lots of pretty buildings painted yellow, pink and pale blue - a bit like baby wear.

Will be posting photos later when I get them downloaded. In the mean time I'm off for some dinner.

No comments: